The key elements of this role will be developing and maintaining customer relationships and winning new contracts for wellbeing, diversity, and inclusion services. We are looking for a driven and passionate business development professional who will immerse themselves in promoting the life-changing outcomes that HappyMaven services deliver. The position will play a critical part in HappyMaven’s growth strategy so you will need be at ease with creating and building new relationships and closing sales.
HappyMaven is built on the premise that happy and healthy teams deliver the best work. Over a lifetime we will spend over 90,000 hours at work, so why not make those 90,000 hours as rewarding and as enjoyable as possible?
Role: Business Development Manager
Remit: Business Development & Sales
Location: Remote or Office-based in the West Midlands
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: 2.5 days per week / 6-month FTC (in the first instance)
Salary: £35,000 pro-rata
- You have an understanding of issues in the workplace (& beyond) in relation to wellbeing, mental health, diversity, equity, and inclusion and are passionate about impacting positive change
- You have proven experience in new sales: driving and closing deals in health, wellbeing and/or DEI scenarios
- You have knowledge of the inner workings of corporate functions, in particular HR & Finance, and their considerations in engaging people services
- You want to be an integral part of a (very) small team changing the future of work for the better
We try to be good at social media so you can learn more about us and what we do here and via our LinkedIn page.
We work with a portfolio of global businesses, mainly in the tech and media industry, to ensure that their people are thriving, not just surviving. We support and guide HR teams and wider C-suite leadership to invest in their people’s wellbeing, improve staff morale, remove the stigma around mental health, consciously embed diversity and inclusion and much more to help people and businesses to flourish.
The Day to Day.
- Promoting our partnership programmes and webinars by developing new sales opportunities for growth and expansion, meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual targets.
- Developing relationships with wellbeing & DEI companies and platforms to offer our services
- Identify targeted campaign opportunities, working with marketing to develop content and sales materials
- Sourcing, developing, and closing contracts with new clients across the corporate sector, especially tech and media but also including legal, government and financial across the UK.
- Develop and deliver presentations and sales pitches to key decision-makers.
- Managing prospects efficiently and effectively through a structured sales pipeline.
- Documenting and maintaining our company CRM at all stages.
- Identifying opportunities for the founder to present at conferences and events
- Staying up to date on sector-specific developments and feeding back to the team
- Acting on your own initiative to find opportunities to increase the scope of our online and in-person wellbeing & DEI services.
- Proven experience in new sales: driving and closing deals in health, and wellbeing technology scenarios.
- An established network within corporate / HR / mental health.
- Experience in using computerised systems at a high-level including Microsoft, G-suite, Salesforce, Slack, Asana
- Working to target with exceeded revenue targets in previous roles
- Organised, focused, and disciplined
- Great communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Dependable and accountable
- Resilient and tenacious – loves finding solutions to meet client needs.
Send us your CV and a note telling us a little more about yourself.
We would also like a short presentation (no more than 6 slides) telling us why personal health = business health.
There are no right or wrong answers – this is your opportunity to share your understanding of the existing challenges (for individuals and for organisations) and highlight your knowledge of how wellbeing and/or DEI services (such as offered by HappyMaven) can help to address them.
Send this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
The first round of interviews will be conducted online and we will ask for proof of a right to work in the UK at this time.
Thank you for reading this far. We look forward to hearing from you ☺