If you have an interest in all things wellbeing and are ready to embark on a career in HR, employee engagement or internal communications this might be the role for you. If you want to make a difference in the world of work, if you are naturally curious and eager to learn, if you are comfortable juggling tasks and if you put effort into everything you do then our team will be the right fit!
HappyMaven is built on the premise that happy and healthy teams deliver the best work. Over a lifetime we will spend over 90,000 hours at work, so why not make those 90,000 hours as rewarding and as enjoyable as possible?
Role: People & Communications Officer
Remit: Wellbeing, Engagement, HR & Communications
Level: Junior,Graduate, Entry-Level
Location: Remote or Office-based in the West Midlands
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract of 6-months (potential to move to permanent)
Salary: £21,000 to £23,000 (pro-rata)
- Through studies, volunteering or paid work you will be able to demonstrate experience in HR, Employee Engagement, Communications or Wellbeing.
- You understand that wellbeing is more than motivational messages and can demonstrate an awareness of good physical and mental health practices.
- You are curious and eager to learn and develop new skills – accessing online resources, self-study and learning on the job. You continue to invest time in growing personally and professionally.
- You are organised and comfortable working across a range of projects at any onetime.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help and are comfortable communicating your needs. As we are mainly a remote team, and sometimes things have to be turned around fast, communication is critical to ensure smooth running of the business and to maintain our own wellbeing.
We try to be good at social media so you can learn more about us and what we do here and via our LinkedIn page.
We work with a portfolio of global businesses, mainly in the tech and media industry, to ensure that their people are thriving, not just surviving. We support and guide HR teams and wider C-suite leadership to invest in their people’s wellbeing, improve staff morale, remove the stigma around mental health, consciously embed diversity and inclusion and much much more to help people and businesses to flourish.
The Day to Day.
You will work closely with Suki and the rest of the HappyMaven team on internal and external projects. Internal projects include input into initiatives for national awareness days; coordinating our round table events; and sharing your ideas for forthcoming workshops and webinars. External projects include communicating with senior business leaders and helping to meet our commitments to a range of global clients.
You will contribute to:
- Building and implementing tailored employee engagement campaigns to support wellbeing, diversity and inclusion
- Planning and delivering imaginative and engaging internal communications strategies
- Engaging and collaborating with HR and C-suite leaders to understand their specific needs
- Researching best practice and industry news to provide invaluable information and resource to the team
- Sharing ideas and helping to organise, communicate and plan internal and external projects
- A collaborative, open and fun team dynamic where your contribution is critical and valued
This is a varied, hands-on role in a small, busy team.
You need to be an authentic people person, with a genuine interest in wellbeing, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. The portfolio nature of the role requires you to have strong communication, organisation and time-management skills. You can take initiative but you are also comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to deliver creative, clear and consistent copy
- Project management and data analysis abilities
- Strong organisational skills required, the ability to juggle between tasks and clients
- Eye for visuals and ability to create dynamic and engaging content
- Computer savvy with experience of using a range of software and digital tools
- A curious and can-do attitude
Of course, some tasks might not be as interesting as others, but you’ll learn something from all of them!
Send us your CV and a note telling us a little more about yourself.
We would also like a short presentation (no more than 6 slides) telling us what wellbeing at work means to you.
There are no right or wrong answers – this is your opportunity to share your understanding of the topic and highlight your research, communication and design skills.
Send this to us at email@example.com and we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. The first round of interviews will be conducted online and we will ask for proof of a right to work in the UK at this time.
Thank you for reading this far. We look forward to hearing from you :)